Chicago Daily Herald Obituaries
- Publication Date: February 09, 2000
- H. Glenn Smeltzer of Mount Prospect
- Funeral services for H. Glenn Smeltzer, 80, a resident of Mount Prospect
- 48 years, will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, at Friedrichs Funeral Home,
- W. Central Road (at Northwest Highway), Mount Prospect.
- Born June 20, 1919, in Craley, Pa., he died Monday, Feb. 7, 2000, at
- Creek in Arlington Heights. Interment will be in Mount Emblem Cemetery,
- Prior to his retirement 22 years ago, Mr. Smeltzer
had been employed by Washington National Insurance Company in Evanston
for 32 years. He was a member of the Red Lion Lodge 649, AF&AM in
Red Lion, Pa., for 50 years, a member of the Red Lion Elks
Club @#1592 for 50 years and a member of South Church
in Mount Prospect. A veteran, he had served in the
Army during World War II.
- He was the beloved husband of Romaine S. Smeltzer; loving father of
- (Jim) Burkart, Ellen Dupasquier and Carol (Tim) Hamann; proud
- Justin Burkart, Jason and Lisa Dupasquier, and Kelly, Lindsey and Tim
- and great-grandfather of Nathan Friemuth.
- Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the time of services at 11 a.m.
- Thursday, at the funeral home.
- Memorials may be made to South Church, 501 S. Emerson St., Mount
- For information, (847) 255-7800.
- Publication Date: March 24, 2000
- Janet C. Smeltzer of Barrington
- Services for Janet C. Smeltzer (nee Connell), 69, will be held at
- 10 a.m. Monday, at Davenport Family Funeral Home, 149 W. Main St.
- (Lake-Cook Road), Barrington. Finley Brown, chaplain, will officiate.
- Born March 27, 1930, she died March 23, 2000, at home.
- Mrs. Smeltzer was an executive secretary at N.A.T.L.S.C.O., a division
- Kemper Insurance. She was a member of the Skokie Valley Kennel Club, Fox
- Valley Kennel Club, Park Shore Kennel Club and the International
- Center. She participated in the Experiment in International Living. She
- member of the board of directors of the Beacon Neighborhood House and
- in civil rights issues. She enjoyed knitting, animals, showing horses
- Survivors include her husband, L. Robert Smeltzer, whom she married on
- 3, 1954, in Chicago; children, Michael (Kathy) Smeltzer of Champaign,
- and Patricia (George) Luehrs of Batavia; grandchildren, Amanda and Sarah
- Smeltzer, and Clayton, Adam and Elliott Luehrs; siblings, Bradford (Kay)
- Herzog of Milton, Mass., Julie Connell of Los Angeles, Calif., Jane
- Fischel of Santa Anna, Calif. and Barbara (John) Gleason of Twain Hart,
- Calif.; and many nieces and nephews.
- She was preceded in death by her son, L. Randall; and her parents.
- Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, at the funeral home.
- In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the American Cancer
- North Court, Suite 280, Palatine, IL 60067-8162.
- For information, (847) 381-3411.