- Just a few leaves from the family tree of
- Champ Bertrum Smelser of Arkansas
- Possibly descended from Abraham Smelser of Oklahoma
Camirita (Smelser) Ugaz
- My grandfather was Champ Bertrum Smelser and we think he is
originally from Oklahoma.
I think his Dad was Abraham Smelser.
I know grandpa (Champ Bertrum Smelser) had a few brothers Bruce, Thomas, and Willy Jay
which was a
twin with Minnie Fay, who had a son named Dennis who I met once...a really nice man.
The only sisters I can remember is Erie, Ulla, Marie?, Minnie Fay.
Champ Bertrum Smelser died of Cancer in Paragould Arkansas He was married to
Rosa Cathryn unknown maiden name.
- Their children are:
1. Doyle Bertrum Smelser married to Ruth their children are: Barbra, Nancy. Joanne,
Kathleen, Kelly and Michele. Kathleen has two children.
Nancy just got
married in Hawii where she lives.
2. Albert Gerain Smelser not married.
3. Carla Jean Smelser was married to Hayward. They have 3 children: Teresa,
Franky, Steven. She later divorced and married a Babcock.
4. Ron Smelser married to Teresa, they have two sons: Chess and Bobby
5. Jackie Wayne Smelser married Donna June Breckenridge in Flint, Michigan.
- They had 4 children together: Jacklyn, Jaime, Billy,
Both Jack and Donna's family are from Paragould, Arkansas and that
Jack's two aunts and Donna's aunt where both school teachers of Oat
Jack's Aunts were Johnny (nickname) the other Willy Jays wife Joanne.
was Genevia (not for sure of the spelling).
Jack's wife died of cancer at the age of 36 he too was 36 he remarried
Lou Hutchinson. She was married before to a man by the last
name of Powers.
They had two children together Marty and Lori, but was divorced for a
time before meeting Jack.
They now live in WV same with all of his children.
6. Billy Bertrum Smelser is married to Carol they have a girl named Chrissy Ann
(not for sure of the spelling).
I will be happy to exchange information on this family although my information is limited.
I know we are related to Greene because my grandfather introduced me to a man
by that name and told me we were related.
Plus a sherriff that was a sherriff in 1980?
Plus I am related to all the Breckenridges for that was what my mom was.